- Luxury automakers in the last decade have started to switch out heavy insulation in vehicles for active noise control, or ANC.
- Much like noise-canceling headphones, ANC utilizes a system of microphones and a digital signal processor to cancel out unwanted noises — like the whirr of tires and the acceleration of an engine — inside a vehicle.
- Despite the positives, many electric car owners also want control over their sound settings for individual safety and personal preferences. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has said vehicle owners can customize their preferred palette of sounds.
- Emerging trends in audio branding means luxury vehicles will step up to stand out in an increasingly competitive market.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Each experience offered in a luxury vehicle is tightly controlled by the brand whose badge sits on the hood. Moving beyond the comfort of the seats and the responsiveness of